I write because I have no will to do otherwise. To not write is to not express and to not express is to not exist. I write, therefore, I am.

Monday, August 30, 2010

The meaning of gifted

gift·ed
   /ˈgɪftɪd/ Show Spelled[gif-tid]
–adjective
1.
having great special talent or ability: the debut of a gifted artist.
2.
having exceptionally high intelligence: gifted children.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

What is it to be gifted? Who can really say? Why have I been singled out, why was my name put next to the label that should be a free-for-all. I am not gifted. Everyone is gifted. I am not special.
I look up at the projector and the label that you take for granted, if you have a high enough IQ and a different way of seeing things, and feel regret.
Who are you to say who is gifted?

1 comment: